Saturday, April 25, 2009

Autumn


It doesn't seem to matter how many times the seasons change, or how prepared I think I am for yet another long winter, that first night we have to fight each other for the blankets instantly triggers the winter blues. With a chill in my bones, I quickly forget the sweltering summer days when I swore on my life I would never again complain about being cold.

Last week in an attempt to somehow fight off the winter blues and embrace the changing seasons, the kids and I jumped in the car with a picnic hamper and my newly fixed camera and pointed the car in the general direction of Wee Jasper. A few long dirt roads and hours later, we landed at a lovely creek, somewhere...

Autumn didn't seem awful at all while we were sitting on the grass, near a sparkling creek with sunshine warming our backs. Besides, how much fun is it to be playing amongst piles of big yellow leaves (even when you are almost 33 years old!)? I have to concede, Autumn isn't so bad.

In a few more weeks the trees will be bare, the ground frosty and fog will settle in for the morning. Is it possible to find any joy in that?







Made by me - Simple shift dress using the same fabric as swing coat.

2 comments:

  1. AUTUMN you say - I am sure that it is feeling more like winter LOL

    You must be in Canberra somewhere? We used to disappear to Wee Jasper for weekend get aways, when we used to live in ACT.

    Love the little dress and jacke that you made in the previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not loving autumn at all this week. Those nights are getting way too chilly!

    Thanks for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete