Friday, June 26, 2009

Got to have that fabric!





Last night I finished my favourite coat yet made with sweet fabric by my favourite Japanese designer, Kokka. I can't tell you how much I love Japanese designers Kokka and Echino!

This very cute Wonderland coat is made with a gorgeous linen fabric from Trefle by Kokka and is fully lined (and reversible!) with pale blue cotton drill.


It took me many hours and many bloody fingers to realise that the old fashion method of handsewing in the lining can be very, very tedious! While I like the idea of recreating vintage designs as genuinely as possible, I have found a way to make coat construction much less time consuming, much more fun to make and as an added bonus, the coat is now reversible! Who would have thought it would be that easy huh?!

I'm in the process of redrafting this design with different collars and hoods (less puffy boys version coming as soon as I can figure out how to make the coat hang properly without the gathering...).

With the success of my latest coat still fresh, I've been scouring the internet for gorgeous fabric for my next creation. It was hard, but I have cut my long wish list down to just 4 (this week anyway!).

I'm pretty sure Charlotte needs just one more coat....





No comments:

Post a Comment