Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Petticoat Dress - Round 1




On a recent trip to the local thrift store I picked up a few cotton petticoats with the vision of turning them into sweet dresses for the monkey. I considered shirring them or adding a bodice and some lace, but then I stumbled across this gorgeous honeycomb smocked top by UK Lass in US.

Feeling inspired, I cut the top off the first petticoat, kept the original bottom ruffle, added honeycomb smocking to the front and shirred the back. I'm not so thrilled with the way the smocking turned out on this one, but the monkey was more than impressed with the twirling quality of the 'pwitty' dress. This one is going straight into the dress up box!

While I'm less than thrilled with my first smocking attempt, I'm super pleased with the impromptu photo shoot of our little spidermonkey. It's like she was born with an auto pose switch!





No comments:

Post a Comment